Monday, July 12, 2010

"The Lucky Ones" Review


This movie mostly ran the Film Festival circuit and did not last very long in theatres. My initial reaction to the first 30 minutes or so was not very positive. Three soldiers injured in Iraq and coming home together. Their flight gets cancelled and they decide to drive to another city to get a flight out. Naturally they all have slightly tragic stories which unites them along the way. I was afraid this movie would be anti-war and one sided politically but it surprised me by not being either. It was more about the characters and why they are in the place they are in their lives. In the end I was slightly depressed because "the lucky ones" did not seem so lucky to me. Aaaaaa boo boo boo. 2 1/2 stars out of 5

1 comment:

Shantell said...

Oh p-dawg i missed you so much!! I am crying a river over my hedge. It is so stinking ugly. You should come play games with me this week since I am a scout camp widow. Also Kev misses you like crazy too so we should have a bbq on friday when he gets home or something. Love you!! (your britney video made me depressed)